Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Peanut Butter & Co Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter


Pumpkin. Spice. Peanut butter! What's not to love?! I've loved many of the other flavors of Peanut Butter & Co's peanut butters (they're all vegan except for the one with honey!), so I figured this one would be especially awesome! Did it live up to my expectations? Keep on reading to find out!

Buying. Unfortunately at my time of writing this, it looks like it's already too late this year to buy this flavor, but hopefully it'll be available again next year! Maybe it's still available in some stores, I wouldn't know as no stores near me carried it. Online I ended up buying it from iHerb on sale for $4. I also found it on Amazon and directly from Peanut Butter & Co.

Peanut Butter & Co's peanut butters do usually cost $4-5 for a 16 oz jar, which is just a bit pricey, but they are damn tasty peanut butters.

Packaging. Plastic jar and lid, I had no issues removing the paper/foil seal. This isn't like a natural peanut butter and should not be kept in the fridge. I made that mistake once, and it made it nearly impossible to spread.


Nutrtition. It's peanut butter, it's naturally high in fat, but at least it's naturally occurring fat! This peanut butter does have a bit of added fat as well in the form of palm oil. There is some added sugar as well, but it only amounts to 4g per 2 tbs serving.


Tasting. I had high hopes for this peanut butter, but it was rather disappointing. The pumpkin spice flavor was way too subtle for me, it was barely noticeable at all! Don't get me wrong, it did taste of pumpkin spice, but it barely came through over the peanut butter flavor. I also didn't care for the fact that ginger is the most predominant spice flavor, I much prefer cinnamon to be the predominant spice to pair with pumpkin.

Also, I had a bit of an issue with texture. There was some unpleasant grittiness that I would occasionally encounter. I have not had this problem with PB&Co's other flavors, and I'm not sure what it was, maybe some shells got in this batch? I'm not sure. I'm chalking this up to a fluke.


Bottom Line. Unless this is reformulated to taste more pumpkiny and a better spice blend, I don't think I would ever get it again. I don't think I could really recommend it either, there's much better pumpkin spice flavored goodies out there and PB&Co has much better flavored peanut butters as well. It wasn't a bad peanut butter, it just didn't meet my expectations at all.

This product is certified vegan. I know some of y'all are concerned about the palm oil in this, but they say it's sustainable in their FAQ. This peanut butter is also gluten & soy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment