Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Sweet Earth Big Sur Breakfast Burrito


Breakfast burrito! Who doesn't love breakfast in a handheld form? Today we look at Sweet Earth's breakfast burrito, filled with breakfasty things like potatoes and tofu sporting a yellow tinge of tumeric. Did they flavor it well though? Let's find out!


Buying/Packing/Prep. Please refer to my review on the Sweet Earth Kyoto burrito for this info, I purchased it at the same time as that one, and all this information will be identical. Well, except this time I wrapped it in a paper towel for microwaving and it got a little stuck, and even with an extra 30 seconds, it still came out a bit cold in the middle.

 

Nutrition. I like that the filling ingredients are pretty simple, though it is mostly potato. The tofu and seitan lend a good amount of protein, 17g! The ingredients that bug me the most are the white flour & canola oil, and the sodium content is a bit high. It's not a super healthy burrito, but it's not terrible either.

The tortilla did crack open a bit, but didn't leak much thankfully. 
Tasting. I really liked the overall combination of flavors going on in this burrito, even if it came off as a little bland at times. Like the Kyoto burrito, it has the same awesome yeasted wrap, but this time it came out a bit hard on the ends. The cubes of tofu & seitan were very tasty and the red peppers did wonders for the flavor overall. I would've liked the potatoes more if some of them didn't taste slightly undercooked. Do some people actually like potatoes this way? I seem to be coming across this a lot.
Thanks to the liberal use of tumeric, all you can make out is yellow and
the red peppers.
Bottom Line. I definitely liked this burrito as a change of pace over Amy's similar breakfast burrito. I would likely buy it again, it just depends on if I'm in the mood for a breakfast burrito and how it's priced compared to Amy's. If you fancy breakfast burritos that are mostly potato filled, I'd say give it a go!

As always for reference, Sweet Earth's website.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made 2. Tented with a paper towel and cooked for a minute then turned and cooked for another minute then let sit for a few minutes. Topped with mango salsa and heated again for 20 seconds then added fresh onion and cilantro on top and splash of hot sauce. They were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete