Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Nature's Path Flax Plus Granola - Vanilla Almond


Crunchy and sweet, granola's such a treat! Today I'm looking at a Nature's Path Flax Plus granola in the vanilla almond flavor variety.
Buying. I can find Nature's Path granolas at pretty much any grocery store I go to. I happened to find this box at my local Grocery Outlet for only $1.99, expect to pay more for regular price elsewhere. Online you can buy directly from Nature's Path, or from Amazon.


Nutrition. Nutritionally, this stuff is pretty much on par with any other granola out there, in that it's very calorie dense. It has too much sugar and fat for my liking, but that should go without saying when it comes to granola; if you want a healthier option, go for some muesli instead. On the plus side, this granola has a good amount of fiber, a decent bit of protein, and flax is always good.


Tasting. I had a bowl with almond milk, which added to the overall almondy-ness of the cereal. The flavor was pretty good, and even though I'm not fond of super sweet cereals, this did taste sweet but not sickeningly so. Though the rice puffs did get soggy fairly quickly, the granola maintained a yummy texture thanks to the oats and almond slices.


Bottom Line. Normally I avoid granolas for the nutritional reasons I stated above, but if you are active then the calorie density should not be a concern. I think every granola I've had from Nature's Path has been great, and this Vanilla Almond flavor variety is no exception! If you like granola, I say you should give this one a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment