Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Nana's Peanut Butter Cookie


Cookies! What's not to love about a big ol' peanut butter cookie? How about a cookie trying to pass itself off as a "healthy" option since it's made with fruit juice? I suppose there could be worse things to put in a cookie, but read on to see my take on this one.


Buying. I seem to come across Nana's cookies at a variety of stores, though it's usually the gluten free varieties. They have a store finder on their website, but it hardly seems to be inclusive as none of the stores near me where I've seen these cookies comes up. I found this particular specimen at New Seasons on sale for $2.49, for a 3.5 oz cookie.

Online, you can purchase directly from Nana's website, or I found them on Amazon as well.


Nutrition. It's a cookie! It's loaded with sugar and fat and ergo calories (whole cookie is 380 calories!!), which is to be expected. It does have a tiny bit of redeeming qualities nutrition-wise as it does have a smidge of fiber and some protein. I do not believe that there is any advantages health-wise with this cookie being sweetened with fruit juice as opposed to other refined sugars, but you may feel otherwise.


Tasting. It's a soft cookie for starters, and I'm not sure how I feel about a soft peanut butter cookie, I prefer mine to have a bit of a crunch to them. It does have peanut chunks throughout the cookie, which does give it an enjoyable texture overall. While it does taste very much like a peanut butter cookie, the fruit sweeteners are very noticeable. Overall, it tastes pretty decent.



Is it worth a try? Personally, I would not buy the peanut butter flavor again, but I would be willing to try other flavors. If you don't mind a slightly fruity tasting cookie, by all means give it a go. If you're avoiding palm oil, then you'll want to give it a miss. Ultimately, I think you would be better off just baking your own peanut butter cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment