Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Food Haul: A Trip to Winco


Winco is my favorite store to shop at for day to day staples. This is my most recent haul from there, though after I got home I realized I forgot several items (carrots, onions, kale, etc), oh well!

As you can see, I do eat stuff other than junk food! Though the junkier items I pretty much bought to review on this very blog. I do try to eat healthy most of the time!

I love this time of the year when clementines come into season! They're like crack to me. I can never resist picking up a bag. For produce, I also picked up sweet potatoes, mushrooms, bananas, grapes (on sale super cheap!), and some kiwis.

I try to cook beans from scratch as much as possible, but having canned beans on hand is always super convenient. I stocked up on a decent variety of canned beans. The S&W brand were on sale but still slightly more expensive than Winco's house brand. When buying S&W, I always go for the reduced sodium variety, not only for the less salt, but they also don't have the added sugar like the normal version. Seriously, sugar in beans?!

I love the Portland French pub buns, and hope to make use of these reviewing some of the various burgers currently clogging up my freezer space. I also acquired a few additional pumpkin spice goodies, bagels and fig bars! I've had other flavors of the Nature's Bakery fig bars before, but this is the first time I've found the pumpkin spice flavor!

The Now & Laters were a completely accidental find. I haven't had this candy since I was a little kid, and I thought for sure it would have gelatin - nope! Lately I've been trying to find the creme variety of Smarties without much luck, but I guess at least I found something else to try & review.

And that's it for this food haul! Guess it'll just be another day or two before my next one though to get the items I missed this time. Dangit.

No comments:

Post a Comment