Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Quickie Update: Target Food Haul

My most recent food haul from Target
At some point I want to write a more in-depth review about shopping at Target, but for now here's my most recent food haul from them. I've known about their cartwheel app for some time, but never got around to installing on my phone until recently, as I found out about a 25% discount on Gardein products from it. Sadly, at my time of posting, that deal has already expired. Sorry!

I was surprised to find a Gardein product at Target that I have yet to see anywhere else - Barbecue wings! I did not even know those existed! I also found the Gardein beefless crumbles there, which are oddly hard to find. The cartwheel app brought the price down $3.21 each, pretty nice! I would have stocked up on more, but my freezer is currently reaching critical mass.

I also picked up a couple of Sweet Earth burritos, they have plenty of vegan options. I want to say I've had one of their burritos in the past, but it's been so long I don't even remember if I liked it or not.

I also got a couple of the Amy's frozen meals since they were on sale. I've had the tamale verde before (it's soooo good!), but the sweet & sour noodles are completely new to me. And then there's the evol quinoa & veggie bowl, I'm a bit apprehensive about this one as the other vegan offerings I've had from this brand have been really unimpressive.

While picking up the Gardein products, I was very surprised to find that Target now has their own meatless offerings under their Simply Balanced brand! They had a handful of different varieties, but I only picked up one because of my freezer situation.

I'm a sucker for hot sauce, and while the Frank's brand annoys me, they were on sale and so I picked up two flavors I haven't tried before.

Ah, and then there's the pumpkin spice Oreos! I've had these before and liked them well enough, but I bought them again just to review (in a future post, of course!). I've heard that this year they are a Target exclusive, but I can't confirm one way or the other since I have only found them at Target so far. I've got quite the backlog of pumpkin spice flavored goodies to review, and I am planning on doing a post all about my take on the pumpkin spice craze, so stay tuned if you love pumpkin spice!

No comments:

Post a Comment